Train Time

30 years ago my wife and I bought our 5 year old son a Lionel O gauge train.  When he got married it left or house for his.  When I started war-gaming with "Lego Style" building blocks I began to see trains and thought about getting one.  This last Christmas I was given some money and the day after Christmas I found a "Lego Style" train half off and so I bought it.
 
The moment it came I knew I was hooked.  But it did have a few problems.  It had a manual     on/off switch  and speed controller.  I had seen that there were remote controlled train so I set about learning how to make my new train that way.  It was easy all you needed was a receiver and a hand held remote.  It did take some remaking the cabin to fit the receiver but I have been dealing with rebuilds for some time.
 
Next I had to put a connector on the front of the engine so I could use it as a pusher.
 
Today I got my second engine.  This was by request of my wife because she wants a steam engine running around under the Christmas tree next year.  
 
 



















 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chain of Command AAR Battle of Kasserine Pass February 25, 1943.

Walker Tanks Make No Sense!